Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Welcome to the Vegan Voice Blog!

Hey thanks tons for visiting the Vegan Voice blog! No, I'm not going to go all 'vegangelical' on you right away. I just want to first applaud you all for even CONSIDERING visiting a blog dedicated to the wonderful lifestyle of veganism. Even if you think you don't, it shows that you care. And really I think that everyone on this planet DOES care about animal suffering and cruel exploitation, but many are just not ready to admit it to one person--themselves.

So please admit to yourself that it is in your nature to care about other living beings! Compassion is our true nature, and to speak or behave otherwise is just going against who we truly are and what we are meant to do. And really the only reason you are doing so is because you enjoy that little 'safe haven' called denial. Please, I ask you stop shielding yourself from the truth, even if just for the time you visit this blog.

Okay, enough of me telling you about yourself.
I'm not going to pretend that I know you better than you do. I just want to help you consider things that you may never have considered before, or just never let yourself consider.

So please, read my blog with the mindset that maybe what you've been believing as true all your life has in fact been wrong. And even if you don't like what you read, please don't brush me off as some weird conspirator for the soy industry or something. Trust me--I'm against big buisiness of any kind.


Now that you're primed and ready to read on, be prepared to encounter some awesome recipes, funny stories, great articles, and random-ass rants, in addition to all the uncomfortable truths about factory farming and animal agriculture.

And remember, if you disagree with me, let me know! Post a comment (in that case, argument) about any of the postings I put on the site. And hey, it never hurts to tell me if you agree with something I say too! All comments, suggestions, arguements, questions and random messages can be posted as a comment or emailed to me at hawaiianwahine@wi.rr.com .

Have a compassionate day! With love,
Sarah

No comments: